The role of Designer will be a full time, salaried position at Mostly Serious; remote candidates will not be considered at this time. This position will report to the Director of Design, but will collaborate with team members across the company. This position's salary and title will be commensurate with experience— reach out for details.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
- collaborating with Developers, Account Managers, Copywriters, and the Director of Design to help fulfill the creative objectives of client work.
- contributing to a wide variety of projects that come through the doors at Mostly Serious—from high-level project concepting to the nitty gritty, including print and digital work.
- executing creative elements of marketing initiatives for clients, including assets for digital and print campaigns, brand collateral and web projects.
- creating visual designs (UI) for digital website projects from wireframe (UX) stage in accordance with project parameters, established brand guidelines, tone and art directions in a thoughtful and modern way.
- self-managing concurrent projects efficiently and always under-deadline.
We’re looking for a designer who:
- has a few years of proven experience in a professional, client-focused design position.
- has a strong background in traditional graphic design areas including conceptual and critical thinking, layout and composition, typography, color, and production.
- possesses a fundamental understanding of good user experience on the web, modern website design and trends.
- is more than a pixel pusher; someone who enjoys the why and how behind the design, including process, collaboration, research, and strategy.
- possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- is a great collaborator who enjoys a team approach, silos be damned.
- can thrive in a supportive role on a team, but also has the ability to lead when needed.
- has got it all together— they're professional, responsible, and motivated. No slackers here.
To submit your application, send the application materials below to: email@example.com.
- A PDF resumé with cover letter.
- Relevant work samples from the last few years in either PDF or a digital portfolio link.
Located in downtown Springfield, MO, Mostly Serious is a digital solutions company that builds and markets beautiful online properties, from conception to construction to continual enhancement. We specialize in deep research, website and application development and digital marketing. We partner with our clients to create digital products and services that solve problems and help them achieve goals. We’re quirky, collaborative, passionate, and rarely have a shortage of coffee. We thrive on grit, determination and teamwork to get the job done. We’re a professional, yet casual office that values the work life balance.
Want more? Sign up.
We’ll keep you up to date on our latest articles and insights. Sign up for our newsletter: