The role of Web Developer will be a full time, salaried position at Mostly Serious; remote candidates will not be considered at this time. This position will report to the Director of Engineering, but will collaborate with team members across the company. This position's salary and title will be commensurate with experience—reach out for details.
If selected, you will be joining the Mostly Serious development team who takes ideas and makes them come to life on the screen. We are a group of quick-learning, critical thinking, problem solvers who go the extra mile to create great things together.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
- collaborating with Designers, Account Managers, Copywriters, and other Developers to help fulfill the technical objectives of client work
- ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- staying aware of new web development technologies and always striving for quality work that adheres to best practices
- practicing empathy when writing code by considering the impact your work has on the client and it's audience as well as current and future developers at Mostly Serious
We’re looking for a developer who:
- has a few years of proven experience in a professional web development position
- is motivated to check their own work, especially when it comes to ensuring a consistent look and feel across browsers and device types
- possesses good written and verbal communication skills
- is a great collaborator who enjoys a team approach, silos be damned
- can thrive in a supportive role on a team but also has the ability to lead when needed
- has got it all together—they're professional, responsible, and motivated—no slackers here
- has some experience with the following technologies and languages:
- Common web back-end languages like PHP or Python
- Front-end automation tools such as Webpack and Gulp
- Relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Chrome / Firefox dev tools
Experience with one or more of the following skill sets is a bonus, though not a requirement:
- User experience design
- Performant front-end app development
- App development (native or hybrid)
- Django / Craft CMS / Wagtail / WordPress and other content management systems
- Automated testing
- API development
- Google Analytics / Tag Manager
To submit your application, send the application materials below to: email@example.com.
- A PDF resumé with cover letter
- Relevant work samples from the last few years on GitHub and/or in a digital portfolio link
We offer competitive benefits including retirement, healthcare, and paid time off.
Located in downtown Springfield, MO, Mostly Serious is a digital solutions company that builds and markets beautiful online properties, from conception to construction to continual enhancement. We specialize in deep research, website and application development and digital marketing. We partner with our clients to create digital products and services that solve problems and help them achieve goals. We’re quirky, collaborative, passionate, and rarely have a shortage of coffee. We thrive on grit, determination and teamwork to get the job done. We’re a professional, yet casual office that values the work life balance.
Want more? Sign up.
We’ll keep you up to date on our latest articles and insights. Sign up for our newsletter: