As a WEB DEVELOPER, you'll be turning world-class designs into beautiful, functional, and interactive websites and apps. We're looking for a client-centric developer, a creative and dedicated individual who isn't satisfied with producing yet another theme-based dud of a site. If selected, you will be joining the Mostly Serious development team who takes ideas and makes them come to life on the screen. We are a group of quick-learning, critical thinking, problem solvers who go the extra mile to create great things together. This position will grant you the opportunity to grow quickly and challenge yourself with new and interesting work.
Located in Galloway Village in Springfield, Mo., Mostly Serious is a full-service digital agency that builds and markets beautiful online properties, from conception through construction to continual enhancement. We specialize in strategy, web development, digital marketing, and video and motion. We partner with our clients to create digital products and services that solve their problems and help them achieve their business objectives. We’re an honest, accountable, value-driven team that doesn’t settle for mediocrity.
We’re witty, big fans of coffee, and want to work with people who will push us forward.
This Web Developer will primarily be responsible for:
- collaborating with Designers, Account Managers, Copywriters, and other Developers to help fulfill the technical objectives of new client work
- properly testing his or her work across all approved devices according to the requirements of a project
- practicing empathy when writing code by considering the impact your work has on the client and its audience as well as current and future developers at Mostly Serious
- staying aware of new web development technologies and always striving for quality work that adheres to best practices
We’re looking for a developer who:
- has a few years of proven experience in a professional web development position
- is motivated to check their own work, especially when it comes to ensuring a consistent look and feel across browsers and device types
- writes self-documenting code that others can follow
- possesses good written and verbal communication skills
- is a great collaborator who enjoys a team approach, silos be damned
- can thrive in a supportive role on a team but also has the ability to lead when needed
- has got it all together—they're professional, responsible, and motivated—no slackers here
- has some experience with the following technologies and languages:
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Common web back-end languages like PHP or Python
- Front-end automation tools such as Webpack and Gulp
- Relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Chrome / Firefox dev tools
Experience with one or more of the following skill sets is a bonus, though not a requirement:
- User experience design
- App development (native or hybrid)
- Performant front-end app development
- Craft CMS / Django / Wagtail / WordPress and other content management systems
- API development
- Google Analytics / Tag Manager
- Automated testing
The position comes with:
- Competitive benefits, including a matching IRA program and great healthcare coverage
- A salary that is commensurate with experience
- A flexible, competitive vacation/time-off policy
To submit your application, send the application materials below to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A PDF resumé with cover letter
- Relevant work samples from the last few years on GitHub and/or in a digital portfolio link
Want more? Sign up.
We’ll keep you up to date on our latest articles and insights. Sign up for our newsletter: