Growing, thriving agency seeks a go-getter with agency know-how and people skills for days. Know anybody like that? (It’s you, isn’t it? You can tell us.) Mostly Serious is looking for a new business development manager. Candidates should love establishing and building relationships, and be eager to contribute and cultivate leads alongside an award-winning, highly collaborative team. Sound good? Read on.
Who are we?
That’s, like, a really existential question, but we’ll give it a shot. We’re Mostly Serious, a full-service digital agency producing award-winning, community-enhancing, national-brand-showcasing, best-in-the-region strategy, research, websites, and digital marketing campaigns.
At a more fundamental level, we’re a team of 14 critical thinkers who are obsessed with producing great work. Work that makes people feel differently about how beautiful and functional websites can be. Work that helps our clients serve their communities, tell their stories, and achieve their goals. And work that pushes us to challenge ourselves, refine our skills, and get better each and every day.
What do we do?
We design and build custom, scalable websites backed by stellar platforms like Craft CMS. We help our awesome clients grow their brands through brand identity development, logo design, and strategy. We write powerhouse content that actually, really converts. We concept and execute commercials, web videos, and custom animations that cut through the noise. And we're deeply invested in understanding our clients with the kind of hard-sought truth and insights only achievable through research. We do everything that makes us worthy of the phrase "full-service" and makes each day's work more unique and challenging than the last.
From left to right: We pet our dogs and other people's dogs. We create stuff that's on-point for brand audiences and good for your soul. We stroll along Greenway Trail when the weather's nice. We collaborate together, challenge each other, and embrace honest conversations that lead to the right solution. We keep a supply of confetti and balloons on hand. We dress our office up for fun and we dress ourselves up to match.
Plus, we reject ideas and standards that don't call back to our six core values and guiding principles.
What will you do as a business development manager at Mostly Serious?
You’ll maintain an expert understanding of our agency’s capabilities, recommend how we develop and package those capabilities, and match our clients’ and/or prospects’ needs to services that will achieve maximum results.
You’ll create a clear strategic roadmap for agency development, manage our ongoing outreach approach, and proactively target ideal client fits. You’ll lead sales efforts from first contact through onboarding by building decks and proposals, and leading pitches and presentations to clearly articulate what sets us apart and close the deal.
You’ll collaborate directly with the President as well as our Director of Account Strategy, Creative Director, Director of Engineering, and other team members. Cross-functional collaboration is key to this position and our company’s success.
How do you know this job is right for you?
You’ll want to feel like this wish list was made from your dreams:
- You are capable of identifying and recommending how we develop and improve our agency’s capabilities.
- You have extensive experience building and maintaining outside partnerships.
- You can proactively source new leads and identify opportunities within our markets.
- You live to lead in-person and remote client presentations, speak with clarity, and field challenging questions that range from highly technical details to high-level overviews.
- You build beautiful decks and presentations (don’t worry, we have templates) to sell our unique value to prospective clients.
- You’re excited to evolve our prospect tracking system to provide regular updates to internal teams and track your success.
- You know when to collaborate with others and when to put your head down and find the right solution.
- You’re accustomed to operating with a high level of autonomy and freedom within a company that strives to provide clarity across all departments and teams.
- Your drive to close the deal is only overshadowed by your drive to do what’s right.
What about the logistical stuff? (We're talkin' benefits + perks.)
We pride ourselves on providing our team members with the region’s best working environment, and we spend an actual ton of time and resources continuing to develop our benefits packages and office space. The benefits of working at Mostly Serious include:
- The tech you need to make great things happen, including a MacBook Pro, keyboard, mouse, and monitors
- Health insurance
- A Simple IRA
- Performance bonuses
- Participation in goal-based employee bonus pool
- A (truly) flexible time-off and vacation policy
- Working in a beautiful, Galloway Village-based office right next to the Greenway Trail and minutes from Sequiota Park
- A dog-friendly office
Ready to apply? Great! We just need a couple of things from you.
To submit your application, send a PDF resume and cover letter to our President, Jarad Johnson (email@example.com).
We can't wait to get acquainted!
Want more? Sign up.
We’ll keep you up to date on our latest articles and insights. Sign up for our newsletter: