UPDATE: As of July 27, 2020 this listing is no longer active. Please see our Careers page for current job openings.
Greetings from Mostly Serious (well, from this job posting from Mostly Serious)! If you saw that we were hiring an Account Manager and then you looked at this thing, then we’re most of the way through making this all work for everybody. And, more importantly, if you’re interested in working on a team that values improving our community, perpetually enhancing your skills, and making great things (all while working with local, regional, and national clients), then we’re even closer to being a perfect fit for you.
Maybe you also like snacks. And flexibility. And you don’t mind the color orange. Sound like you? Let’s keep going.
Who are we?
That’s, like, a really existential question, but we’ll give it a shot. We’re Mostly Serious, a full-service digital agency producing award-winning, community-enhancing, national-brand-showcasing, best-in-the-region strategy, research, websites, and digital marketing campaigns.
At a more fundamental level, we’re a team of 13 critical thinkers who are obsessed with producing great work. Work that makes people feel differently about how beautiful and functional websites can be. Work that helps our clients serve their communities, tell their stories, and achieve their goals. And work that pushes us to challenge ourselves, refine our skills, and get better each and every day.
What do we do?
We design and build custom, scalable websites backed by stellar platforms like Craft CMS. We help our awesome clients grow their brands through brand identity development, logo design, and strategy. We write powerhouse content that actually, really converts. We concept and execute commercials, web videos, and custom animations that cut through the noise. And we're deeply invested in understanding our clients with the kind of hard-sought truth and insights only achievable through research. We do everything that makes us worthy of the phrase "full-service" and makes each day's work more unique and challenging than the last.
From left to right: We pet our dogs and other people's dogs. We create stuff that's on-point for brand audiences and good for your soul. We stroll along Greenway Trail when the weather's nice. We collaborate together, challenge each other, and embrace honest conversations that lead to the right solution. We keep a supply of confetti and balloons on hand. We dress our office up for fun and we dress ourselves up to match.
Plus, we reject ideas and standards that don't call back to our six core values and guiding principles.
What will you do as an account manager at Mostly Serious?
As an account manager at Mostly Serious, you'll...
- build and maintain strong, value-driven, long-lasting relationships with local, regional, and national clients.
- serve as the primary point of contact on a variety of projects, communicating and coordinating with our team and our clients.
- regularly and effectively communicate progress on projects, including monthly or quarterly objectives and initiatives, to internal and external stakeholders.
- work directly with our clients to understand their needs and business objectives, and then you’ll work with our internal teams to develop and manage effective marketing strategies.
- manage internal scheduling and project deadlines, including communicating client feedback and needs to our team.
- develop and lead client presentations on a variety of topics, including research and insights, project performance, and strategic growth opportunities.
- work with our business development team to develop project estimates and scopes to be delivered to prospective and existing clients.
- work with our account and operations team to provide accurate billing reports.
How do you know this job is right for you?
You'll feel kismet-level alignment with this job if you...
- have 5+ years of proven experience in project and account management.
- have experience in advertising, design, marketing, and/or digital industries.
- are a motivated professional who can take a project from inception through completion without creating unnecessary drag for our team or our clients.
- have an uncanny ability to create clarity around project needs and goals for internal and external stakeholders.
- are a great communicator, capable of effectively articulating yourself in email and face-to-face settings.
- are capable of managing multiple projects at the same time without sacrificing attention to the small stuff.
- like thinking critically and you’re capable of seeing the relationships between big picture and the nitty gritty stuff.
What about the logistical stuff? (We're talkin' benefits + perks.)
We pride ourselves on providing our team members with the region’s best working environment, and we spend an actual ton of time and resources continuing to develop our benefits packages and office space. The benefits of working at Mostly Serious include:
- The tech you need to make great things happen, including a MacBook Pro, keyboard, mouse, and monitors
- Health insurance
- A Simple IRA
- Performance bonuses
- Participation in goal-based employee bonus pool
- A (truly) flexible time-off and vacation policy
- Working in a beautiful, Galloway Village-based office right next to the Greenway Trail and minutes from Sequiota Park
- A dog-friendly office
Ready to apply? Great! We just need a couple of things from you.
To submit your application, send a PDF resume and cover letter to our Director of Client Strategy, Lucy Howell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We can't wait to get acquainted!
Want more? Sign up.
We’ll keep you up to date on our latest articles and insights. Sign up for our newsletter: