Location: Springfield, Mo. (This job is open to remote applicants!)
Greetings from Mostly Serious (well, from this job posting from Mostly Serious)! If you saw that we were hiring and then you looked at this thing, then we’re most of the way through making this all work for everybody. And, more importantly, if you’re interested in working on a team that values improving our community, perpetually enhancing your skills, and making great things (all while working with local, regional, and national clients), then we’re even closer to being a perfect fit for you.
Maybe you also like snacks. And flexibility. And you don’t mind the color orange. Sound like you? Let’s keep going.
Who are we?
That’s, like, a really existential question, but we’ll give it a shot. We’re Mostly Serious, a full-service digital agency producing award-winning, community-enhancing, national-brand-showcasing, best-in-the-region strategy, research, websites, and digital marketing campaigns.
At a more fundamental level, we’re a team of 13 critical thinkers who are obsessed with producing great work. Work that makes people feel differently about how beautiful and functional websites can be. Work that helps our clients serve their communities, tell their stories, and achieve their goals. And work that pushes us to challenge ourselves, refine our skills, and get better each and every day.
We're committed to being an equal-opportunity employer.
Being an equal opportunity, open-minded, and inclusive employer feels like a given. We want to take this commitment beyond words and intentionally seek applicants from all gender identities, racial and ethnic minorities, and LGBTQ+ folks, with the goal of building a more diverse and inclusive team. We want to actively build a team that includes perspectives, experiences, and voices that are traditionally underrepresented and underserved. We know this will lead to better work, a stronger team, and it’s also just about damn time we did our part to be the change we’d like to see.
What do we do?
We design and build custom, scalable websites backed by stellar platforms like Craft CMS. We help our awesome clients grow their brands through brand identity development, logo design, and strategy. We write powerhouse content that really, actually converts. We concept and execute commercials, web videos, and custom animations that cut through the noise. We craft digital marketing campaigns that win new relationships and folks in the door. And we're deeply invested in understanding our clients with the kind of hard-sought truth and insights only achievable through research. We do everything that makes us worthy of the phrase "full-service" and makes each day's work more unique and challenging than the last.
From left to right: We pet our dogs and other people's dogs. We create stuff that's on-point for brand audiences and good for your soul. We stroll along Greenway Trail when the weather's nice. We collaborate together, challenge each other, and embrace honest conversations that lead to the right solution. We keep a supply of confetti and balloons on hand. We dress our office up for fun and we dress ourselves up to match.
Plus, we reject ideas and standards that don't call back to our six core values and guiding principles.
What will you do as a Media & Content Specialist at Mostly Serious?
You'll be comfortable rocking your role as a multi-disciplinary producer of great things. Count on these tasks being in your day-to-day:
- Own our clients' media plans, from media buy to ongoing execution and analysis
- Research and evaluate demographics, prices, distribution channels, keywords, and marketing outlets to forge the perfect audience and campaign parameters
- Maintain advertising budgets and spend for clients on Facebook, Google Ads, and other platforms
- Analyze and interpret data from various platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics, etc.) to evaluate the success of client campaigns and determine how and when to make adjustments
- Work alongside project stakeholders and team members to ensure project/campaign goals and KPIs are being reached
- Develop and deliver clear, insightful findings via reports and presentations that guide our plans and tactics as well as help clients understand the value of our work and clearly articulate their return on investment
- Concept and write supporting tactical content ranging from press releases to blog posts
- Assist in content population and content management for client websites
- Assist in tactical execution for SEO campaigns, from keyword research to on-page writing
How do you know if this job is right for you?
You'll feel kismet-level alignment with this job if you...
- Are an entry-level digital marketing professional with a brain built for media buying and ad management
- Have a tactical marketing brain—you think critically about using the proper channels to make a campaign successful, even if it means testing the waters with new ideas
- Excel at prioritizing and managing your own workday—you don't need someone looking over your shoulder to make great work happen
- Are a fabulous and succinct writer and communicator, capable of effectively articulating yourself in emails, face-to-face settings, and tactical support pieces
- Are capable of managing multiple things at the same time without sacrificing one iota of attention to the small stuff
- Are hyper organized
- Are process-oriented, but always look for a better way to do things
- Self-identify as someone who loves to learn
Brownie Points: Skills that would be super helpful, but aren't required
These skills and certifications would be really cool to have, but they aren't required:
- Google Ads certification
- Google Analytics certification
- Facebook Blueprint certification
- Experience with Google Docs, Google Sheets
- Familiarity with website content management systems
What about the logistical stuff? (We're talkin' benefits + perks.)
We pride ourselves on providing our team members with the region’s best working environment, and we spend an actual ton of time and resources continuing to develop our benefits packages and office space. The benefits of working at Mostly Serious include:
- The tech you need to make great things happen, including a MacBook Pro, keyboard, mouse, and monitors
- Health insurance
- A Simple IRA
- Performance bonuses
- Participation in goal-based employee bonus pool
- A (truly) flexible time-off and vacation policy
- A robust anniversary awards program
- A dog-friendly office
Ready to apply? Great! We just need a couple of things from you.
To apply, all you need to do is fill out our application form. You'll be prompted to attach your résumé and cover letter there.
If you have any questions before you apply, reach out to email@example.com.
We can't wait to get acquainted!
Want more? Sign up.
We’ll keep you up to date on our latest articles and insights. Sign up for our newsletter: